[CQ-Contest] SUPPORT FROM YASME FOUNDATION

PY5EG py5eg at inepar.com.br
Tue Jan 10 13:25:29 EST 2006

 <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
/>

Araraquara December  9th 2006

PRESS RELEASE  031/06

YASME FOUNDATION SUPPORT WRTC2006 YOUNG TEAMS

The WRTC 2006 is proud to announce a very important support received from
the YASME Foundation to help and encourage the young contesters to
participate in the next WRTC 2006.

This is the text of the announcement made by YASME Foundation:

Because radio contesting needs to attract and support youth, the YASME
Foundation (  <http://www.yasme.org/> http://www.yasme.org) announces a
donation of $10,000 to WRTC-2006 (  <http://www.wrtc2006.com/>
http://www.wrtc2006.com) in support of youth who wish to participate. These
funds will be used to help Young Contesters from around the world attend and
participate in WRTC-2006, to be held in Florianopolis, Brazil in July 2006.
WRTC-2006 has dedicated three two-person team allocations to Young Contester
teams. Additional Young Contesters may participate as part of multi-operator
teams. We encourage young amateurs with a strong interest in contesting to
make their applications for those positions by 20 Jan 2006. The
qualifications and criteria for Young Contesters to apply to multi-operator
teams will be announced shortly. While the multi-operator teams will operate
at existing stations in Brazil, Young Contesters qualifying for the WRTC2006
competitor teams are expected to bring their own equipment.

YASME Foundation, Board of Directors "

This support is extremely important for the success of the Young Teams
participation in the WRTC competition and the WRTC 2006 Committee  would
like to express our deepest thanks to YASME and at the same time emphasize
our firm commitment to make everything possible to  promote such unique
opportunity to motivate the young generation to our ham radio activity.

Atilano de Oms  PY5EG

WRTC 2006 Committee

.

PY5EG/PY2OMS
Atilano de Oms
Av. Luis Alberto 1262 - Araraquara - SP CEP 14802-620