[CQ-Contest] Survey Results - Contest Software

Bob Naumann - W5OV W5OV at W5OV.com
Tue Jan 17 08:15:15 EST 2006

In this case, the general rule of "you get what you pay for" does not apply.

The N1MM software cost of zero does not convey its value.

At this time, no other Windows contest software - at any price - works as
well, or provides equivalent functionality.

73,

Bob W5OV

-----Original Message-----
From: John Warren [mailto:nt5c at texas.net]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 9:58 PM
To: cq-contest at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Survey Results - Contest Software

Rob ND3A wrote:

>Given the information I have, I am going to recommend to the W3SO crew
>that we go with N1MM.  Supports our requirements plus is free. Lot's of
>great feedback regarding WriteLog, but does have a cost.

Hmmmm. As an interested non-contesting observer, I have a question.
Why would contesters be willing to spend thousands - or tens of thousands -
of dollars to build a great station, and then worry about whether the
software to maximize the performance of that station is free or costs $75?
Doesn't sound like very logical system engineering to me.

John, NT5C.