[CQ-Contest] Call for NCJ Inputs, Contesting on a Budget

PaulKB8N@aol.com PaulKB8N at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 14:07:29 EST 2006

Hello everyone,

I've had a few excellent responses, and I welcome all of you to  participate.
 If I can get your inputs by this Sunday, the 22nd, I'll  include them in the
article.

The topic for the next issue unfortunately is one that many of us can  relate
to in light of recent events.  As always, thanks in advance for what  I am
sure will be some interesting responses.

Contingencies:  With the string of natural disasters  lately, what is the
most cost-effective way to deal with them?  Do you purchase insurance, or do you
overbuild your station to deal with potential catastrophic events?  Once a
disaster has happened, what  cost-effective workarounds help keep you on the air
and in the game?  What back-up resources are the best  investments?  Are
there single-point  failure modes and how do you deal with them?  As always, I
look forward to your  responses.
Some of the responses I've gotten so  far focus on preventive, as opposed to
contingency, actions, and include  man-made, as well as natural disasters!  I
think there will be room in the  article to cover all of this.
Look forward to hearing from  you.
Paul,  K5AF