[CQ-Contest] New category: "Wires only"??

Bill Turner dezrat1242 at ispwest.com
Fri Jan 27 22:19:35 EST 2006

ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

At 01:20 PM 1/27/2006, Tyler Stewart wrote:

>No, I'm saying single element for the wires/vertical category, but also add
>the space limitation to eliminate bizarre things like rhombics, beverages,
>etc. that most people don't have the space to construct.
>
>Ty K3MM

Wouldn't it be better to state the "antenna must have gain no greater
than a half-wave dipole or a 1/4 wave vertical in their most favored
direction"?

I think that having a space limitation would lead to bizarre things
too. Nothing wrong with that kind of experimentation, but the idea
here is to help level the playing field, not create more loopholes.

73, Bill W6WRT