[CQ-Contest] Wires Only

Gerard Lynch gerrylynch at freenetname.co.uk
Sun Jan 29 15:13:22 EST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: <ku8e at bellsouth.net>

> The whole idea is to give someone who is hardware limited by their budget
> or new to contesting

I don't think it's necessarily anything to do with either.  I was thinking
more of people who simply can't get anything more than wires/verticals up;
that doesn't have anything to do with experience and not even necessarily
money.

People just don't seem to get this.  The comparison with wanting to win an
F1 race in a banger is ludicrous.  Big guns need lots of little pistols to
generate big scores; do you think HC8N or the Voodudes generate those scores
just by working people with a kilowatt and a tribander at 18 metres?

This is a way of generating more activity.  Everybody wins if there is more
contest activity.

73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."