[CQ-Contest] Contest Scoreboards ???

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Wed Jul 12 16:40:49 EDT 2006

Try it, you may like it!  It is tremendously interesting to watch a race
with a local competitor with a similar station, even if you know you won't
win the world/country or whatever in your class.  Everyone sets goals for
themselves, if that is just to beat last year's score, that's ok... but its
much more fun to challenge someone you know you can compete with in real
time!  MUCH more interesting than waiting 6 to 9 months to see where you
fall in the world totals.  Making it interesting by letting users filter the
data will be up to the 'reader' software writers... right now we are working
mostly on how to  collect as much data as possible by making it easy for
everyone to submit to the scoreboard.  My hope is that even if you don't
want to watch the scores, that you will submit so that others can see a
broad range of participants in many classes.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net