[CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stnsin IARUcontest

Mario, S56A s56a at bit.si
Mon Jul 17 08:43:29 EDT 2006

W9WI wrote:
I could see disallowing credit for contacts between a HQ station and
other stations in the same country *if* the other stations are
"uniques", i.e. worked fewer than some threshold number (say, ten?)
other stations besides the HQ operation.  I'll bet it'd be a real
nightmare for the log checkers though.

N6TR did successful checking of 46 WRTC logs and 1000+ others within 24
hours!  Portables excluded :-)

Threshold might be just 3 different HQ stations and USA can work W1AW, NU1AW
and VE3RAC easily.
EU stations would have much wider choice.

Quoting 5B4AGN on IARU - What have we here, a contest or a flag waving
party?

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, YU0SRJ, S50HQ, OI2HQ

P.S.  DA0HQ achieved over 50% DL QSO out of 19.000 in 2003!  Free awards
available :-)