[CQ-Contest] Is it time to change rules for HQ stn in IARU

Valeri Stefanov wally at el-soft.com
Mon Jul 17 17:35:30 EDT 2006

Peter,

I have just sent a message in which I said I'm not going to comment on this
matter any more,but it seems you are loosing your temper my friend.
I have opened that discussion not because I am angry that LZ7HQ can not beat
DA0HQ ,but for a sake of  IARU contest's future as far as HQ stns are of
question.
What I would suggest to IARU organizning committee is to get back to old
rules - no HQ stns at all.
By the way LZ7HQ made over 12 500 QSOs in IARU 2006 and less than 5 % of
these are made with  LZ stns. How many of 26 000 QSOs made this year by
 DA0HQ are not with DL stns ?

73, Wally

Wally,

Even without the 9000 qsos with DL DA0HQ would have beaten LZ0HQ, so there
must be something else at LZ0HQ which needs leveling.
Even if LZ0HQ could activate 1200 LZs to work LZ0HQ on 12 bands resulting in
12000 points more would not help either.
Please write to IARU to change the rules to allow your competitors to use
dipoles only, that would be more challenge to us, but I bet you still will
be beaten.

73
Peter DF3KV