[CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules for HQ stns in IARU

Dave Lawley g4buo at compuserve.com
Tue Jul 18 13:56:02 EDT 2006

DF3KV wrote:

 >I wonder how many DL stations are in the GB5HQ Log?
 >DA0HQ never asks stations to work only them as well

We don't have precise numbers yet but we had nearly 2,200 QSOs with Gs,
and nearly 2,000 QSOs with DLs. This certainly confirms that Germans are
more active than Brits in this contest. But assuming DA0HQ had 9,000
QSOs with DLs, it's clear there is a very strong bias on the part of
German hams only to work their own HQ station. Especially when you
consider that due to skip, on 10-15-20 GB5HQ will be louder in many
parts of Germany than DA0HQ.

Perhaps you could reply with the DA0HQ totals of G and DL QSOs this year
Peter.

73, Dave G4BUO