[CQ-Contest] Is it a time to change rules forHQ stnsin IARUcontest

Bill Tippett btippett at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jul 18 16:21:12 EDT 2006

N2IC:

 >There have been several more unintended consequence of having HQ stations:

 >Instead of Europe being 5 Zone multipliers, it now has 5 Zones, and 20+
HQ country multipliers. For USA stations, IARU has just become another
East Coast-works-Europe QSO party, thanks to the availability of ~25 EU
mults on each band.

         It was indeed possible to do well from
outside the East Coast.  From Colorado, I believe
I finished second overall (to K1TO) a couple of
times in the late 80's.  With the number of HQ mults
in EU now, I suspect it would be very difficult or
impossible to win from areas west.

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV