[CQ-Contest] My thoughts about IARU and HQ stations

Franki ON5ZO on5zo at telenet.be
Tue Jul 18 22:48:06 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tree" N6TR
> However, if someone has the station to work 12 QSOs with one HQ station,
> I think they probably have enough station to work another few stations,
> even the HQ ones that are clogging up the bands.  Look in the results
> and see how many scores there with 12 QSOs, six mults and 72 points.
> That formula only works with 1 point / QSO working HQ station on six
> bands and both modes.

Those "12 QSO own HQ only" might be what you get if one were to set up a
local 'pseudo-contest' within the IARU contest, where the goal is to be the
first to achieve the 12 'flagwaiving' QSOs and this in the shortest time
possible. You could stimulate activity by handing out free awards (who could
resist a free award???) for those who can pull this off and keep track of
the records to maximize he effect of human competitive behaviour?

This would boost the QSO totals, but lower the average points per QSO so you
would really need to make TONS of QSOs with your own country to benefit from
this, which in turn is only possible in countries with a massive active ham
population.

Highly hypothetical, but still...   ;o)

- Franki ON5ZO