[CQ-Contest] 1973 SS CW

David Hachadorian k6ll at adelphia.net
Thu Jul 20 23:47:52 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tree" <tree at kkn.net>
To: <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:21 PM
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 1973 SS CW
> If anyone just has to have a copy of this CD (K6LL might
> want on as I worked
> K1JYN), send me an SASE and a blank disc (or a buck) and I
> will send you a
> copy.
---------------------------
I remember that contest. In fact, my wife Jacki will never
let me forget it. She went into labor with our second son on
the night before the contest, (appropriately, Halloween). I
drove her to the hospital, dropped our two year old son off
with a friend, and drove back to the hospital, just in time
to be in the general vicinity for the birth.

Then, I went home and operated SS, using off times to go
visit Jacki and the newborn in the hospital. The
two-year-old remained at the friend's house for the weekend.
On Monday (conveniently), Jacki and the newborn were
released from the hospital, I picked up the two-year-old,
and we were all reunited. Jacki didn't fully understand what
was going on at the time, but she put 2+2 together later,
and there has been a lot of payback over the years for my
behavior in the 1973 SS CW.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.