[CQ-Contest] 1973 SS CW

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Fri Jul 21 12:09:23 EDT 2006

Dang!  The memories come flooding back.  Thanks Tree.  My very first SS was
1972.  I was a guest at K6UJX running a Drake TR-3 with no CW filters.  The
thing I liked the most about it was watching the 3-500s in the Henry glow
that subtle ruby color with my sending.  Definitely prec "B".  I believe I
made 72 QSOs in something like 8 hours.  Then it got slow and I decided to
throw in the towel.  Didn't catch it on tape, thankfully.

Mark, WA6OTU