[CQ-Contest] Uniques not counting and emotion

KI9A at aol.com KI9A at aol.com
Sat Jul 22 07:57:32 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/22/2006 6:07:43 A.M. Central Standard Time,
nf1j at earthlink.net writes:

There's  deleting uniques by suspicion, and raising suspicion by uniques. The

practice, or possibility of a practice of simply deleting uniques from a  log
simply because of their uniqueness is plain wrong. If you can't prove  they
busted the call, you can't take it away. Period. It's just  wrong.

Amen to that.  You can't delete unique's because they sound  "suspicious"!!
You need proof. If not, don't be surprised to fewer, and fewer  guys
contesting.....If I were the owner of a big gun station, looking at all of  the time and
money invested it, and the contest log checkers began removing  QSO's from my
log that I just sat in the chair for 44 or 46 ( or more) hours to  produce,
just because they don't show up in another's log, it would be time for  me to
hang it up. The louder you are, I'll bet the more unique's you end up  with, am
I correct?

Heck, I even had more than one QSO from a group that had a sked, they  asked
NICELY if I could move, I did, and was rewarded with a few QSO's, which I
would bet my bottom dollar were uniques.  Should I have been penalized for  being
decent? Hmmmm.

This is a tough situation.

73-Chuck KI9A