[CQ-Contest] CQ WW VHF Recap for a Dozen participants

VE5ZX ve5zx at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 22 13:29:03 EDT 2006

> There is no reason to set up an xml log standard unless there are contest
> sponsors willing to use it.  Right now they are working on Cabrillo 2.0 so
> it looks like they are stuck on that standard for now.  Maybe once we show
> how flexible xml really is and more developers get used to working with it
> there can be a push to get contest sponsors to accept it.

It might be useful for sending log snippets along with data for real-time
scoring. The snippets might contain a log of the last N stations worked
during a time interval. A collection of log snippets could be used to
provide real-time propagation displays between multipliers, zones, grids,
etc along with the real-time scoreboard.

Syl

Sylvan Katz - VE5ZX
Saskatoon, SK