[CQ-Contest] Contester's Meeting Wrapup

Richard L. King k5na at ecpi.com
Mon Jul 24 10:58:39 EDT 2006

Susan and I want to thank everyone for the good turnout for the
Contester's meeting on Sunday. I saw many old friends that I hadn't
seen in a while.

Also thanks to our many presenters:

W5ASP gave us the rundown on some of the issues before the Contest
Advisory Committee.

K5TR talked about some of the high points of his participation at the
recent WRTC. George plans a full-blown presentation on this topic at
Summerfest and after seeing a preview yesterday, I have to say his
talk at Summerfest will be a "don't miss" event.

N5TW and AB5K gave a presentation on their tower climbing equipment
and some safety techniques. K5TR also added some good input to this topic.

N3BB gave a wrap-up on the recent IARU Contest focusing on the four
Central Texas M/S efforts that grabbed four of the top six M/S spots
in W/VE. Jim also discussed what the CTDXCC contester group is trying
to accomplish by having special Contester Branch meetings. The aim is
to encourage contesting and to try and bring in some fresh blood into
our part of this wonderful hobby.

The meeting attendees, from the sign in sheet, were: K5LLL, K5AND,
AB5K, NN5DX, KG5U, AA5VU, WM5R, W5JEN, K5TR, NA4M, N3BB, K5YA, N5TW,
K5OT, W5YAA, N2LA, W9BF, N5KF, K5NA, N5CQ, NM5G, W5VX, KI5DR, AC5AA,
AF5Z, K5NZ, K5DU, W5ASP, W5ZL, KV5V, and NO5W. Sorry if we missed anyone.

After the meeting many of us went to Ramos Restaurant for some great
Tex-Mex cooking.

Susan and I will be at the regular CTDXCC meeting tonight and will
give a summary there.

73, Richard - K5NA