[CQ-Contest] Used Rig Query for New Contestor

Jeff Stai jds at twistedoak.com
Mon Jul 24 13:30:11 EDT 2006

At 12:35 AM 7/24/2006, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
>However personaly I´m not sure buying a INRAD roofing filter
>for the 1000D is well spent money.
>With the mods below an INRAD roofing filter does not seem
>to give any IMDDR3 increase at all.
>However, on a 1000D with no bandpassfilter diode mod an INRAD
>roofing filter gives a substantial IMDDR3 increase, around 15dBm.
>This is the mods I´m talking about.
>1. W8JI noise blanker mod
>2. Replace bandpass filter switch diodes, forexample per Yaesu
>    service bulletin TB-93201

I have two 1000Ds that have these mods, and I added the roofing filter to each when it became available. The difference is like night and day. Nearby station interference is greatly reduced.

73! - jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Winery Blog             http://www.elbloggotorcido.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
LDRS 26                 http://www.ldrs26.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I ~ Calaveras County, CA
See you in the California QSO Party! ~ Oct 7-8 2006 ~ http://www.cqp.org/