[CQ-Contest] Icom 746 as contesting rig

Rex Maner k7qq at netzero.net
Mon Jul 24 13:49:57 EDT 2006

I'm not familiar with the  IC746, however I use the  TS 870 and it has some
problems in contest conditions with IM,  That said, it is an excelent
contest rig if you will back off on the   RF gain and believe me nothing is
lost just because the RF gain isn't at full  clockwise position.
I think you will find this to be so with the  746.

Good luck and CU in the Pile-ups

Rex   K7QQ