[CQ-Contest] Unique perspectives

Ed K1EP k1ep.list at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 20:17:18 EDT 2006

At 7/24/2006 05:33 PM, George Fremin III wrote:

>I am glad you brought up sweepstakes - I happen to get on
>in that contest sometimes.
>
>I work unique contacts in this contest - in fact I would say it might
>be one of the contests where I work the most unique contacts (on SSB -
>there are few uniques in a top ten CW log). I would have no problem
>tossing out all the unique QSOs in SS.

Uniques in SS are unique in a way.  It always seems like one does work more uniques in SS than in other contests, especially those long Sunday afternoons.  In SS, you have a serial number.  If the Unique QSO in SS has a serial number of 1 and it is not near the beginning of the contest, it probably is unique.   If a QSO comes up as unique and the serial number is some number greater than 1, it probably is a busted call.  With the added information of the exchange the software could probably match it up.   I would hope that the log checking software would incorporate some of this fuzzy logic into its checking.