[CQ-Contest] Cheating by M/S - 3 QSO "penalty"

k3bu at optonline.net k3bu at optonline.net
Tue Jul 25 21:06:45 EDT 2006

Another reason to eliminate the "teach me the proper logging" stoooopid 3 QSO penalty.
I Operated QRP in CQ WW on 160. Typically I spent half an hour to make QSO, waiting for pileup to die. I make few QSOs and I remember each of them. Then I get UBN report and I see that that I am not in the log of EI7M and PJ4M (? the big M/S anyway), I know I worked them, but they "don't have" me in the log. Could it be that I was "inconvenient QSO" due to their "creative logging" bending M/S rule and they decided to cross me out (what's another W/K) in order not to violate the 10 min whatever rule? Email to log checkers was no avail, "take it with perpetrators". The point is that I get penalized for perfectly good QSO, while "clever" M/S gets away with cheating.

Time to eliminate the stoopid 3 QSO penalty!!!!!!

Yuri Blanarovich, K3BU