[CQ-Contest] Contesting in the Sunlight [was: SO1R and SO2R]

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 18:09:41 EDT 2006

Hi Bob,
I'm not sure that we're in disagreement at all.  I
believe that there are many factors that affect score.
 The idea is to identify all of the items that are not
skill-based and reveal them.  What remains is operator
skill (including experience).

I'm curious about something in the HF world (I'm a VHF
contester), and you mentioned it...

" Anyone who thinks that it is an advantage to simply
have two radios in an SO2R configuration is sadly
mistaken. The skill required to effectively use two
radios is much more dependent on what goes on between
the single operator's two ears than what his radio
count is."

Since there isn't a VHF equivalent (to my knowledge),
I wonder what SO2R allows someone to do, exactly?  CQ
on one frequency and be Search-and-Pouncing, too?

I'll reserve my comment until I understand the issue
better.  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Ev, W2EV