[CQ-Contest] Contesting in the Sunlight [was: SO1R and SO2R]

Radiosporting Fan radiosporting at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 29 22:26:15 EDT 2006

--- George Fremin III <geoiii at kkn.net> wrote:
> > I wonder what SO2R allows someone to do, exactly?
> > CQ on one frequency and be Search-and-Pouncing,
> > too?
>
> Yes.
>
> You can cover two bands at a time.
> Generally you call CQ on one radio and
> you tune the other band(s) on the other radio.

Thanks, George.  I had one of those "duh, of course"
moments with your reply.  I'm often calling CQ on
6-meters, while listening on the rover-liaison
frequency on 2-meters, while also listening on 2m FM
(squelched) in case a new local shows up.  In this
case, I suppose I've been SO3R.

Thanks for the insight!

Regards,
Ev, W2EV