[CQ-Contest] SO1R vs. SO2R

Joe Subich, W4TV w4tv at subich.com
Sat Jul 29 23:38:07 EDT 2006

W6WRT writes:

> Shall we also get off the HP/LP thing? The SO/MO thing? The
> assisted/unassisted thing?
>
> Those operations were separated into their own classes because each
> one had a *significant* advantage/disadvantage over the other.
>
> One radio/two radio has a similar significant difference and should
> be treated the same.

Bill, let this die ... until you are willing to add antenna systems
into the mix (tribander at 50', tribander stacks, monoband stacks,
and bigger) SO1R/SO2R is of no consequence.

Multiple Operator and Assisted are major departures from "single
operator does everything" and merit separate categories.  SO2R vs.
SO1R is no different than bigger antennas.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV