[CQ-Contest] MLA-2500 as a contest amp?

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Sat Jun 3 15:30:49 EDT 2006

Shelby said:

> Having just sold an MLA-2500, unless I'm getting considerably weaker, in
> my
> advanced age, I'm positive the one I sold far exceeded 44 pounds?

I had commented to Dave privately earlier on this too.  I also thought I
must be getting weaker.  I have moved one down from an attic, and I would
have guessed it weighed more than 44 pounds.  Isn't there a 2500, a 2500A
and a 2500B?  What are the differences?

For the record, Dave said his manual cited the weight at 44 pounds, and with
it packed in an appropriate Pelican case, his weighed in handily under the
old airline max limit of 70 pounds.

Mark, N5OT