[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX question

mike l dormann w7dra at juno.com
Sun Jun 4 19:50:34 EDT 2006

yes, my antenna of choice is a full wave piece of wire, end fed from the
time share condo patio, unless i have tvi, then i cut it in half, and run
out two halfwaves at whatever angle there are trees, and i wind some
turns around my output tank for loading. the HW16 doesnt seem to mind.

if i get stuck on the bottom floor it goes up to the roof and out to a
tree and down - the ubiquitous half square?

so a dipole on 80 fed with 300 ohm line (the dormant feed line of choice)
is two half waves in phase on 40?