[CQ-Contest] FT1000D interface/rroofing fitler

Jeff Stai jds at twistedoak.com
Mon Jun 5 01:44:35 EDT 2006

At 04:46 PM 6/4/2006, Van K7VS wrote:
>Well, I purchased one of these after reading the rave reviews and quite
>honestly saw very little improvment on one of FT1000D's.  Did I miss
>something along the way???  I was going to buy another for my other one and
>decided not to as didn't see much if any improvement while a/b'ing the two
>receivers side by side.  Van, K7VS....maybe on some of the other units it
>does make an appreciable improvement.

hi Van - I put roofers into both my 1000Ds. You will not see any improvement under 'casual' conditions. However, I saw a dramatic improvement under contest/crowded conditions. The biggest improvement was in pulling weak to average signals out of the muck. This improvement occurred for all modes - phone, cw, rtty. On rtty I am especially happy because one of those darn robots can fire up right next to me and they no longer obliterate the other stations...

- jeff wk6i

Jeff Stai               jds at twistedoak.com
Twisted Oak Winery      http://www.twistedoak.com/
Rocketry Org. of CA     http://www.rocstock.org/
Amateur Radio           WK6I ~ Calaveras County, CA
See you in the California QSO Party! ~ Oct 7-8 2006 ~ http://www.cqp.org/