[CQ-Contest] Contest Rig

Mario s56a at bit.si
Tue Jun 6 05:43:44 EDT 2006

W4ZV: Close-spaced strong signal performance, phase noise, etc. in a single
RX version should be better than we can imagine today.

That good "single RX" has multiple frequency conversions inside!  Even
SM5BSZ Linrad SDR does that.

W4ZV: As I said before, SDRs are not yet  "contest friendly", but give it
time and we may see them evolve sooner than we think.

My 1991 SDR was very contest friendly but I decided to leave it there for
the sake of our joint hobby.
I am glad that DSP contest robots didn't appear since.  Morse Runner
simulator is enough fun.

I guess we would end up frequency hopping on HF radios as the only way of
fighting manmade QRM.

73 de Mario, S56A