[CQ-Contest] Packetcluster "emulator"

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Sun Jun 11 13:46:01 EDT 2006

Ran into an interesting problem while preparing for WRTC. The WRTC rules
allow a primary radio that can work stations and a second radio for spotting
purposes. The logging software I am using has excellent packet spotting
support. However, it only works if you can connect to a DX cluster!  This is
not an option at WRTC.

Does anyone know of a cluster emulator or freeware cluster software that can
run on Windows XP?  We are thinking that a solution might be to create our
own virtual cluster on one of our PCs just for our own spotting use.

Looking for any ideas or suggestions on a way to do this.

Thanks!

Randy Thompson, K5ZD
k5zd at contesting.com
www.k5zd.com