[CQ-Contest] IC706 filter blow by

Georgek5kg at aol.com Georgek5kg at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 09:45:12 EDT 2006

The IC 706MKIIG is notorious for filter blow by, and I can attest to this
with the one I am using /mobile with a 500 Hz filter (FL100).   Specifically, I
can hear [with a very high pitch] strong stations that are  approximately 3
kHz up or down from my operating frequency.

I am considering getting a 250 Hz filter (FL101), so I'd be interested in
anyone's experience with blow by using the 250 Hz filter vs. the 500  Hz filter.
Also, any other solutions to the blow by problem.

73, George, K5KG