[CQ-Contest] LCRs

James Cain cainjim at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 26 11:03:19 EDT 2006

Randy: It's not the copying, it's the typing. And in trusting outdated Super Check Partial. -- Jim, K1TNLOG CHECKING REPORT FROM WWW.ARRL.ORG

The ARRL is pleased to announce the availability of Log Checking Reports
(LCRs) for selected ARRL contests.  We recognize that it is useful to
participants to review the errors found in their logs, allowing them to
identify areas for improvement in their performance. In order to
minimize additional manpower and avoid the inequities, we have
established guidelines regarding how we will address queries.

Simply put, we will not enter into discussions or debates over
individual QSOs. All electronic log data is checked using custom
software. All logs are judged by the same criteria. The log-checking
software can and does perform a good job of impartially adjudicating the
logs. Unique QSOs are not busted without substantial evidence. Audio
tapes, wave files of particular QSOs, email confirmations from others,
or other types of "documentation," while useful for a contester's
research and learning, are not usually definitive and will not be
considered. If a systemic problem is found, we will address the issue as
appropriate.

There have been a few rare occurrences where log files were corrupted
during transmission to the ARRL. If your report reflects an unusually
large decrease in QSOs that you suspect may have resulted from a log
file transmission error, we will be happy to investigate. The Cabrillo
format Start-Of-Log and End-Of-Log statements are the means that we use
to verify that the log arrived intact. We will deal with these problems
as necessary.

LCRs will be available for selected events, commencing with the 2001
ARRL November CW Sweepstakes. Please keep in mind that the style and
format for each report may differ between various contests, as the
various contests are checked and processed by different software. If you
have questions, please feel free to contact us at contests at arrl.org or
by phone at 860-594-0232.

Thanks!

Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager
                        SWEEPSTAKES LOG REPORT FOR  K1TN

CATEGORY:      SINGLE-OP ALL LOW CW

DUPE CHECK RESULTS
------------------
There were no dupes found in your log.

TIME ON CALCULATION
-------------------
2105-2231 =   87
1154-1934 =  461
2113-2357 =  165
           ------
  On time = 713 minutes (max of 1440).

CALLSIGN CHECK RESULTS
----------------------
N1DY is a busted call.  The correct call is N1DC.

You had 1 calls in your log which were not found in the database of good
callsigns.  All of these were judged to be busted calls and will be removed
from your score - along with an additional penalty of one QSO per busted
callsign.
Unique percentage =  0.0

EXCHANGE CHECK RESULTS
----------------------
QSO #11 NN3W : A 86 Ep should be A 86 Va
QSO #149 W4RVU : A 57 NFl should be A 50 NFl
QSO #158 K0DI : S 73 Ne should be A 73 Ne
QSO #189 WA0RBW : A 67 Mo should be A 67 Mn
QSO #224 N2MM : B 61 SNj should be B 60 SNj
QSO #256 KT8K : Q 78 Wi should be Q 78 Mi
QSO #308 N2EY : A 66 Ep should be A 67 Ep
QSO #310 K0EJ : B 68 Mn should be B 68 Tn
QSO #327 W9RE : A 62 In should be B 62 In
QSO #364 WC8VOA : A 01 Oh should be M 01 Oh
QSO #392 W6LX : A 65 Lax should be A 75 Lax
QSO #395 W5GN : U 55 STx should be U 55 NTx

98.6% of your non dupe QSOs had their exchanges checked.

There were 12 exchange errors found.  These QSOs will be removed from your
score with no penalties.

CROSS CHECK RESULTS
-------------------
QSO #106: Received QSO# 197 should be 397 KT8X
QSO #162: Received QSO# 138 should be 118 W5TAF
QSO #405: QSO not found in log of AD6E

77.2% of your remaining good QSOs were cross checked.

There were 3 bad cross check QSOs removed.
You had one not-in-log.  There will be a penalty of one QSO for this.

MULTIPLIER CALCULATION
----------------------
List of 75 mults = Il Mi Ky Ep Va WPa Oh In Wi Al Nc Ga Mdc Em Ct Mo Tn NLi
Mn WMa Sc On Nh Ri WNy Ne ENy Wv Ok WWa Or Scv Sv Wcf Co Ia NFl NTx Nm Ms Sdg
NNj Me Lax Ks Nv SNj Sjv STx Az SFl Ar La Ew De Qc Sd WTx Sk Ut Mb Eb Pr Bc
Sf Org Vt Sb Vi Mar Ab Wy Mt Nd Id
Missed mults = Ak Nl NNy Nt Pac

SCORE SUMMARY
-------------
    Raw QSOs = 508
Time Expired = 0
       Dupes = 0
 Busted QSOs = 16
  Valid QSOs = 492    0   19  325  122   24    0
Penalty QSOs = 2
  QSO Points = 980
  Multiplier = 75
--------------------------
 Final score = 73500
  Error rate =  3.1% (100 X (Busted QSOs / Duped QSO total))

BUSTS FOUND IN OTHER LOGS
-------------------------
The following information shows contacts you made that were removed from the
other station's log.  These are not deducted from your score.  They are listed
for your information only.

K2LNS: QSO #709: Received QSO# 286 should be 486 K1TN
K4PV: QSO #610 K1TN : A 60 In should be A 61 In
K6GFJ: QSO #119: Received QSO# 391 should be 393 K1TN
K7GT: QSO #63 K1TN : A 61 Ms should be A 61 In
K9CC: QSO #337 K1TN : A 71 In should be A 61 In
N2GA: QSO #171 K1TN : A 60 In should be A 61 In
N6EE: K1TN is a dupe or invalid - QSO # 894.
NG7Z: QSO #227 K1TN : A 60 In should be A 61 In
NI0DX: QSO #601 K1TN : A 99 In should be A 61 In
NI6T: QSO #530 K1TN : A 61 Ms should be A 61 In
VE7NH: QSO #256 K1TN : A 61 Tn should be A 61 In
W6CS: QSO #651 K1TN : A 61 Ms should be A 61 In
W9CO: QSO #237: Received QSO# 273 should be 173 K1TN
WB2WPM: QSO #28 K1TN : A 61 Ne should be A 61 In

Number busts found in other logs = 14 (2.8%)