[CQ-Contest] FD observations and suggestion

Andrew Faber andrew.faber at gte.net
Thu Jun 29 19:27:35 EDT 2006

A perfect example of the dual nature of FD occurred at the W6YX class 5F
operation Saturday afternoon.  This was a very competitive effort, but at
one point while I was on 40CW, I overheard W6LD spending several minutes
talking to a couple of kids whose father had called in on 15 phone.  Each
kid got on the mike, and I think one of them was only four years old -- they
were obviously thrilled at the contact.  John was very encouraging to them
and didn't treat it as a waste of time, even though it certainly cut into
the run rate.
73, Andy, AE6Y