[CQ-Contest] True confessions from K4XS

Cqtestk4xs at aol.com Cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Sat Mar 11 14:38:14 EST 2006

In a message dated 3/11/06 7:14:07 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
kr2q at optonline.net writes:
Many of you have either forgotten or never even knew, but a LOT of the "best"
contesters today, with callsigns we all recognize, either "did it wrong" or
were
even DQ'ed at some point in their contest career
If anyone has a copy of their 1980 or 81 SS results they'll see I was DQed
for excessive dupes.  This was back in the days when checksheets were the size
of bedsheets for the Sweepstakes and my penmanship sucked.  My penmanship still
sucks, but now I can use a computer.

The point of the post is I learned from my mistake and I didn't whine at the
results of my screwup.  The experience "wised me up," and I became a better
op....at least I didn't get DQed again.  Hopefully the rookies will take the
criticism the same way.

Any other confessions from the old farts?

Bill K4XS