[CQ-Contest] Freaking me out

Art Boyars art.boyars at verizon.net
Wed Mar 15 21:54:39 EST 2006

There's an old Dilbert cartoon in which Wally is lying on a mental health therapist's couch (with his ever-present cup of coffee).  He says to the therapist: I keep dreaming about work, and since I sleep at work I'm dreaming about sleeping, and it's freaking me out.

So, here on the reflector is NQ4I -- a good guy, and reasonable -- purporting a friend who operated ARRL SSB from YN and made 3100 QSOs without ever being spotted; and nobody else on the reflector heard the guy.  And here is VE7FO -- a good guy, and reasonable -- asking if the Anatolian RTTY test is 160m-only this year.

3100 phantom QSOs???  Work Turkey, but only on 160m digital???  I'll admit to being pretty ignorant, but these are freaking me out.  I keep wondering if I am going to wake up and discover that I wasn't even asleep -- or that I missed March and it's already time for LeConcours du Poisson d'Avril.

I am really interested to see how these turn out.

73, Art K3KU