[CQ-Contest] Poisson d'Avril Contest

Doug Grant k1dg at ix.netcom.com
Thu Mar 16 13:25:36 EST 2006

Several people have posted references to the Poisson d'Avril Contest in their recent posts to this reflector.

Some have noted that the April CQ indicates the date for the event, but no rules.

Complete "rules" are in the final editing phase with the Committee, and will be posted here on CQ-Contest some time before the event. Actually, they are less rules and more "guidelines" or "suggestions" - kind of like Boston traffic laws.

For your scheduling purposes, I can advise that the Official Contest Period, in keeping with the growing popularity of shorter contests, will be 2300-2359Z on April 1 (that is Saturday evening of April 1 in the U.S.), just before I go out for my planned victory celebration dinner. It won't start at 00z April 1 (Friday night, U.S. time) because I want some of the West Coast U.S. guys to get on, and that's too early for them since they will all still be at work.

Besides, I am busy that night.

So mark your calendar, check out your station, get your creative juices flowing, and get the packet and internet connections ready to go since everyone knows you can't compete without packet. And get the Big Amp ready, because we all know the winning contesters run illegal high power (I read that on CQ-Contest, so it must be true).

If you have any questions on the rules (or suggestions), send them to me privately. That way, if I ignore your suggestion or claim it as my own idea, nobody will know. Heh, heh, heh.

73,

Doug K1DG
Le Plus Grand Poisson de Tous Les Grands Poissons