[CQ-Contest] WPX SSB -- Calling all webcams

K7ZO (Scott Tuthill) k7zo at cableone.net
Sat Mar 18 09:58:10 EST 2006

As I did before the recent ARRL SSB contest I am collecting a list of all
webcams
that will be in operation  during the upcoming WPX SSB contest. Over the
past few contest seasons the use of webcams at contest sites has continued
to grow. During ARRL SSB K1TTT, KB1H, and PI4TUE were known to have live
webcams
during the contest. Several stations also had real time score displays
integrated
into their webcam pages. PI4TUE also had live streaming audio and video for
those that
caught it. In theory you could have watched and listened to them make a qso
with you.
Wonder if anyone out there did that?

In preparation for WPX SSB next weekend I have a request for all CQ-CONTEST
readers:

If you are planning on running a webcam during WPX SSB please send me the
URL by Tuesday March 21st and I will compile all into one list and post to
CQ-CONTEST. Please let me know:
   -- Are there any special instructions on where to find the webcam on the
web site?
   -- Will you have any special features? Real time score display, video,
audio?

Please reply direct with any information. I will compile and post.

Scott Tuthill/K7ZO
k7zo at cableone.net