[CQ-Contest] World Radio Contesting column

Mark Steven Williams k9gx at n4gn.com
Tue Mar 21 00:05:34 EST 2006

Hey, contesters

"World Radio" magazine has asked me to edit a contesting column for their publication. I've tentatively accepted the offer as think it's good policy to promote contesting wherever possible.

So, I'm looking to you because I would like this to be about contesters and improving operating techniques.

The first column is tentatively scheduled for the June edition. My deadline is 1 April.

Here are the topics for the June column:

A. Who "elmered" your fledgling contesting activities and how did your interest in contesting begin?

B. On station improvement. What simple upgrades do you have planned for your station this year...or describe the smartest, most cost effective, upgrade you've built into your station.

Keep in mind that WR is primarily a "Joe Ham" publication so I want to focus on things the average guy or gal can do to get in the game casually.

Please reply to me directly: k9gx at n4gn.com

Thanks for your time...

73,

MSW