[CQ-Contest] Re : RDXA email bounce

Paul T. Antos wb2abd at adelphia.net
Thu Mar 23 20:00:20 EST 2006

Thanks to all who replied.  Igor volunteered to route my small log to the proper place. Thanks!

For enquiring minds .... this is what I got...

host
    mail.aaaaa . ru[80.xxxxxxx] said: 550 216.yyyyyy  does not pass SPF
    requirements for domain  wb2abd at  zzzzz  (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

I've never seen this before. N ames and numbers changed to protect the innocent...

someone emailed me this note  ...

SPF is some kind of verification system that some email systems use to filter out spam.  Its something where the email system has to have certain info that matches up properly.  A lot of spam comes from bogus email servers and SPF is a way to filter it out.  Occasionally a legit server gets flagged for that.

At any rate , immediate  problem solved ....  again  Thanks to all who replied...

Paul WB2ABD