[CQ-Contest] LOTW and WAS

Randy Thompson k5zd at charter.net
Sat Mar 25 01:59:23 EST 2006

>From the ARRL Letter this week:

==>LOGBOOK OF THE WORLD NOW SUPPORTS WORKED ALL STATES AWARD

Users of the ARRL's Logbook of the World (LoTW) <http://www.arrl.org/lotw/>
now may apply their LoTW credits to applications for the League's Worked All
States (WAS) award. Once registered and logged in, users may set up a WAS
account on the Logbook Awards page, configuring the account to automatically
select QSLs to use or selecting them manually via the Your QSOs page.

I only need 3 states to have 5BWAS confirmed.  ND on 40m and ND+WY on 80m.
Others have also reported these as being the difficult ones in LOTW.  I know
I have worked plenty of contesters from those states on those bands.  Please
update your LOTW logs -- even for domestic contests!  Doesn't cost anything
and it would enable lots of guys to finish their WAS awards without having
to send you a card.

I joined LOTW because I wanted to accomplish a few milestone awards without
having to mess with the time and expense of chasing cards.  Got 5BDXCC.
5BWAS is the other one I have always wanted.  Nice to see ARRL starting to
provide the infrastructure to earn even more awards through LOTW.

Randy, K5ZD