[CQ-Contest] Ameritron AL-811 for Contesting, OK or not?

Courtney Judd K4WI k4wi at earthlink.net
Tue May 30 20:46:59 EDT 2006

I use the AL-572... 4 572's runs a cool kw out with no problems for a whole
weekend. Takes only about 70 watts from my 920 to run it to full output and
it is one of the easiest to tune that I have ever worked with. It's not my
alpha but for 1/3 the price it is a kick ass amp! Thge SB220 modified
version is still a HD amp but no 160 or WARC bands plus the tubes are
getting hard to find! FWIW 73's Cort K4WI