[CQ-Contest] AL-811 for Contesting, OK or not?

Patrick Hoppe phoppe at wi.rr.com
Wed May 31 08:22:16 EDT 2006

Hello:

I just used my AL-811H in the CQ-WPX CW contest.  I set it for 500 out on 20
meters.  I ran it for two 12 hour stretches without a problem.  I had my
keyer setup to call "TST WW9R TST" with only a 3 second pause in between.
The VOX delay was set so the relay stayed tripped for words (25 mS).  I
really like the amp.

Regards,
Pat
WW9R