[CQ-Contest] zero pointers

Mike Tessmer mtessmer at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 1 10:48:58 EST 2006

>...teach these bozo's a lesson and NIL them all so they do not get credit????

I kind of cringe when these ops are referred to as "Bozo."  These are the same ops we all want in our log in Sweepstakes, NAQP, WPX, etc.  Most likely a large number of these guys are just trying to help out, though not really up on the rules and point stucture, and they probably aren't sending in a log so whether they are NILed or not is meaningless.  They're the same ones we want to call in other contests when we say "anyone, anywhere....."

Unless you can prove that, at the exact time they call you, a DX QSO has been lost, their calling you has ZERO impact on your score.  (And it helps to keep your frequency busy!)

73, Mike K9NW