[CQ-Contest] Missing the (zero) point(ers)

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 11:21:14 EST 2006

Art Boyars wrote:
> A few thoughts on this thread.
>

> 2.  Are they really costing you time?  The guys who know the rules
> and just need the zone/country will wait 'til things are slow.  And
> in my VERY limitited experience, even the guys who think they are
> helping you will mostly not crash a DX run.

Most of the limited-experience callers also run low power to poor
antennas. Therefore, they not only waste your time, but you risk losing
your run frequency (because other stations cannot hear them), and you
miss potential 1 and 3 point callers, because they tune across your
frequency and hear nothing while the limited-experience caller is
telling you his name, QTH, rig, etc.

Believe me, doing this contest for 25 years from the western USA, I have
it worse than most of you.

73,
Steve, N2IC