[CQ-Contest] zero pointers

ku8e at bellsouth.net ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 2 13:09:51 EST 2006

  I have to disagree with my friend and fellow FOC'er G3XTT...

    I am aware of only one major contest that everyone can work everyone, which is the CQ WPX
  contest. Unless, you would consider IARU, CQ 160 and the ARRL 10 meter contest majors ?
  The one thing to remember is the points structure in CQ WPX is like CQWW where those stations
  in EA8 , PJ and HC8 still enjoy a points/per QSO advantage.

  There is no propagation advantage in say 8P6 vs. PJ2 in working the USA that you should be
  awarded 3 points from PJ2 for NA contacts but only 2 from 8P6. It is even more extreme of an
  advantage from the borders of Asia/Africa with EU. Places like 5B , CN , EA8 and CT3 are closer
  to the population centers of EU then Colorado is from my QTH here in Georgia.

  I have seen many times when someone operating in the Carribean has more QSOs/Multipliers then say someone in South America or Africa but have a lower score because of the 3 vs 2 points per QSO they get. Changing the points per qso to the same for everyone would drastically change the outcomes we get now ...

Jeff / KU8E