[CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest Digest, Vol 47, Issue 13

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Mon Nov 6 11:21:57 EST 2006

FWIW...

Back in my college days, during SS Phone, the check being sent by K3CR was
incorrect (they started with the year the operator was first licensed, 75 I
think, not the year the club station was first licensed, the infamous check
12).  After about 70 or so Q's, the error was caught and corrected.

A phone call to the League the following Monday brought the response that so
long as the other station copied the correct call sent, and so long as we
noted where the mistake was made, why, and when corrected, it would not be a
problem and neither we nor the other station would be penalized for an
honest mistake.

Now, that was long before computer log checking... or computer logs... or
even personal microcomputers... so there's no guarantee that this is still
the case.  So YMMV.

73, ron w3wn