[CQ-Contest] LOTW Participation

N7MAL N7MAL at CITLINK.NET
Tue Nov 7 00:53:33 EST 2006

I'm kind-of anal. I do everything in 1 shot and get it over with.... What
that means is I do all my contest housekeeping in one sitting. I export all
the logs from CT and convert to ADIF, cabrillo, and whatever else is
required. I convert the ADIF to LOTW and then import the ADIF into my master
log. I upload the cabrillo to the contest sponsor, upload the LOTW to the
ARRL, fill in the brag form on 3830 and I'm done.
I just checked LOTW and 11% of my SS contacts have already been QSL'ed. I
already have CWDXCC and CWWAS via LOTW. What that means is LOTW works and
has been getting progressively better-n-better. Yes paper QSLs still work
but as a matter of convenience LOTW is an easy way to get ARRL awards.
73

MAL
N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Brad Hedges
  To: cq-contest at contesting.com
  Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 22:58
  Subject: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Participation

  I'm new to this, but I sent my log to LOTW right after sending it to the
  contest branch.

  73,
  Brad
  AL4T/4

  <snip>
  Is it common practice for the contesting community to upload their logs to
  LOTW?  I am always amazed that I can WAS in a week-end contest and still
not
  have WAS via LOTW.  I have 17k Q's uploaded and still only WAS via phone
  using all the bands.  According to my logging software, I have WAS on
  multiple bands and multiple modes.  Yes, I have the paper cards and could
  turn them in, but I wanted to see if the LOTW concept worked.

  WW9R