[CQ-Contest] Toughest SS CW sections 2006

Eric Hilding dx35 at hilding.com
Tue Nov 7 12:32:17 EST 2006

Tom, N0SS, wrote:

> I tried laying 'traps' for the AK stations, moving up above their
> last QSO freq. and starting to call "CQ" in the hope that they'd
> 'fall' into my trap. I finally had one KL7 fall into the trap, but
> turned out that he was in OR!!!
>
> Though I didn't have any luck trapping a KL7, I did use that ploy to
> work several other needed mults during the contest, so I DOES work...
> sometimes.

I did the same thing to work some new stations who had just finished *their* S&P QSOs :-)

I discovered this "trap" ploy deal out of necessity during Field Day with our local club station several years ago, and it yielded a LOT of Q's on 80m CW and 75m SSB during the wee hours of the morning!

73...

Rick, K6VVA