[CQ-Contest] why Unlimited [aka Assisted]?

kr2q at optonline.net kr2q at optonline.net
Tue Nov 7 20:10:23 EST 2006

Hi all (especially users of assistance: packet/internet/spotting nets/etc).

So - I am looking at the SS results summary (thanks Dink) on 3830.  I note that (currently)
the number 1 slot for SO HP Unlimited has the same score as the number 10 slot for SO HP
"not unlimited."

This happens all the time in virtually every contest (DX and obviously domestic also).

So my question is, why do you top guns in the assisted/unlimited category go for this
category?  Honestly, most of you are top ops.  Statistically, using assistance is hurting
your score.  And you all have BIG scores (SS), so you must be driven to compete.

So...why do you choose to go Unlimited?

Please feel free to reply direct.  I am just curious (and I sure won't "argue" back)
to learn what your motivation is.

Thanks,
Doug KR2Q