[CQ-Contest] Calling Out Needed Sections - Soliciting Contacts?

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Tue Nov 7 20:23:30 EST 2006

>> Um, is it just me or does making a spot
>> with "Please spot [pick what you
>> need]" or "I need [xxx]" qualify
>> as a solicitation of contacts?

I can't believe I'm saying this:  Ward, I think you're splitting hairs.

I think the telnet version of packet (or whatever you call that) has been so
assimilated into what hams do that it would qualify as an "amateur radio
means of communication."  I don't see the stink.  I mean, if there's a stink
to be had about packet, it's at a much more basic level.  The cat's so far
out of the bag that you may be rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic
(ooh, two idioms in a single sentence).

It's called "unlimited" after all.

Mark, N5OT