[CQ-Contest] section names, SD v SDG

RICHARD BOYD ke3q at msn.com
Wed Nov 8 13:06:41 EST 2006

I had a number of "sixes" send their section as SD.  I automatically converted that to SDG until I realized that one of the sixes I was working probably was, I recalled, in South Dakota, so I logged it as SD, which is what he sent.  Now I wonder about those couple before that that had send SD -- were they in South Dakota or in San Diego.  Oh well.  If I lose a couple QSOs that won't kill me.  In hindsight, I realize whenever I hear SD sent and it's not a zero, and particularly if it's a six, I have to ask for clarification, "SDG?"

73 - Rich, KE3Q