[CQ-Contest] Official ARRL Section Name Use on SSB?

Paul J. Piercey p.piercey at nl.rogers.com
Wed Nov 8 14:36:33 EST 2006

Frankly, it doesn't matter to me as long as it's understandable. Shouldn't
Chase Volkswagens, Sexy Vixen or Sammy Joins Voluntarily just don't cut it
unless you're 40 over on a quiet band. It's not that hard to give a
recognizable phonetic oration of your callsign and the report. I have never,
to my knowledge, been misheard as VO1AG because I just said my call without
phonetics although, on CW, I do get a lot of V01HE or VO1SE.

73 -- Paul VO1HE  (59 NeverLand)